Thursday, October 14, 2004

Welcome O thou bountiful breeze!

Bismillahi rahmani rahim
Alhamdulillahi rabbil 'alamin
wassolatu wassalamu 'ala rasulillah
wa'ala aalihi wasohbihi wasallam

Before I even started writing this, I receive news from my friends, that it is true indeed, Ramadhan has again arrived. Alhamdulillah.

A few hours earlier, as I was sitting in the masjid with my dearest sisters, I thought, subhanAllah, it already feels like Ramadhan. The spirit, the yearning to do more good, the feeling that syaitan somehow isn't here anymore.. subhanAllah.. walhamdulilllah.. it felt so much like Ramadhan. While during the year, most of the time the saf for the sisters is rarely full, tonight, it was full. A full one saff. And sisters whom I haven't seen for a long time, they were there. What joy it was for me to see them there, as I am sure they were happy to see me and everyone else there.

To add to that, the minute I stepped in, our beloved imam Djafer was speaking to a sister. I sensed she was crying, but I immediately walked into the musolla. I later learned from Gjie that she had just said shahadah.. SubhanAllah =). Truly, it felt at that time, like so many blessings were already rolling down from the samaawaat. - The way that Ramadhan is the month of mercy, forgiveness, and freedon from hellfire. Alhamdulillah ya Allah.

The first time I met this new sister, I was at Walmart with Huma. We were paying for our stuff and the sister was the cashier that day and she started talking to us about Islam and her family.. subhanAllah, who would've known that today, she would be part of my family. Truly, only Allah knows what is hidden and what is manifest. Truly, only He knows who among our acquaintances today will be beloved servants of His tomorrow.

What else? Ah, truly there are many more blessings that came down tonight that I didn't see because of my veiled heart. My breath, my eyes, my brain.. and that He allowed me to take those valuable steps towards the masjid when He knows how terrible and lazy I am.. Thank You Allah for allowing and making me and all the brothers and sisters who go to the masjid to take those steps. May those steps be light for us, above, below, to our sides, surrounding us, whitening our faces, to be light and guidance for people in this world, and to be perfected that light on yaumul Qiyamah.

"Who is he that will Loan to Allah a beautiful loan? for ((Allah)) will increase it manifold to his credit, and he will have (besides) a liberal Reward.

One Day shalt thou see the believing men and the believing women- how their Light runs forward before them and by their right hands: (their greeting will be): "Good News for you this Day! Gardens beneath which flow rivers! to dwell therein for aye! This is indeed the highest Achievement!"

One Day will the Hypocrites- men and women - say to the Believers: "Wait for us! Let us borrow (a Light) from your Light!" It will be said: "Turn ye back to your rear! then seek a Light (where ye can)!" So a wall will be put up betwixt them, with a gate therein. Within it will be Mercy throughout, and without it, all alongside, will be (Wrath and) Punishment!"
(Al Hadid 11-13)

Thank You, Allah, for giving us this window of opportunity to come nearer to You, every year - when our worst enemy, shaitan, is chained. Thank You, Allah, for opening the gates of heaven so we could try and smell it with our rusty hearts. May You grant us, in this month, forgiveness, mercy, and freedom from hellfire. Truly Your wrath and hellfire, are the worst place and situations to be in.

Thank You, ya Allah.

Welcome, welcome, o beloved month! At last, you have come to grace us again! and thank You Allah for allowing us to again feel this long needed breeze of Mercy from You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home