Monday, October 04, 2004

Bismillahi rahmani rahim
Alhamdulillahi rabbil 'alamin
wassolatu wassalamu 'ala rasulillah
Allahumma nsuril islaama wa almuslimiin

Flower of Cities – the Brothers Rahbani
From IslamOnline.net

For you, city of prayer, I say my prayers,
For you with your graceful mansions, oh flower of cities,
Jerusalem, Jerusalem, city op prayer.

Towards you our eyes travel every day.
Wandering through the temple’s porticos,
Embracing the ancient churches,
And wiping the tears from the mosques.

Oh night of the nightly journey,
Oh path which led up to the heavens,
Towards you our eyes travel each day, and I pray.
The child in the cave and his mother Mary:
Two weeping faces,
For those who were scattered,
For homeless children,
For those who defended and were martyred at the gates.
Peace was martyred in the land of peace.
Justice fell by the gates.

The child in the cave and his mother Mary:
Two weeping faces, I pray.

The red-hot anger is coming; I am filled with faith.
The red-hot anger is coming; I will pass by sorrow.
Coming by every road, on steeds of terror,
And like God’s immanent face; coming, coming, coming.

The gate of our city will not be closed,
I will go there to pray.
I will knock on the gates and I will open the gates.
You, river Jordan, will wash my face with holy water,
You, river Jordan, will erase the barbarian footprints.
The red-hot heat is coming, on steeds of terror.
The face of power will be struck down.
To us belongs the house, to us belongs Jerusalem,
And by our hands we will restore Jerusalem’s glow,
By our hands peace will come to Jerusalem.

*** Samarra, Beslan, Gaza, Jabaliya, Falujah, ........
Allahumma nsuril islaama wa almuslimiin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home